The Texas Assisted Living Association (TALA) is recruiting for a Director of Profession Development. The job is based in Austin, Texas.
The Texas Assisted Living Association represents companies that operate professionally managed senior living communities, which includes assisted living and memory care communities, as well as allied companies that serve senior living operators in the state of Texas. Our association continually raises the bar for operational excellence and serves as the voice for assisted living providers in our state. We are dedicated to advancing the ideals of choice, dignity, accessibility, independence, and quality of life for seniors while maintaining a safe and secure environment for seniors to call home.
The Director of Profession Development is responsible for the development and oversight of all profession development initiatives for TALA with an emphasis on developing a workforce for the assisted living industry in Texas. The position will work with appropriate committees, work groups, and the TALA Board of Directors and their senior management teams.
This position will work closely with the TALA VP of Public Policy and the Argentum VP of Workforce Development. The position will require someone eager to embrace the challenges and opportunities inherent in new initiatives and work collaboratively with members of the TALA team and its membership.
The Director of Profession Development is a newly formed position at TALA.
Please note that this position requires extensive travel, including overnight travel.
• Assisting the industry in navigating the challenges and embracing the opportunities related to workforce development. The goal is to attract a robust workforce of caring, committed employees who choose the Texas senior living industry as a career.
• Developing focus on job creation, investing in training and development, and tracking metrics to ensure employee engagement and opportunity.
• Developing an overall, multi-year workforce development strategy in conjunction with the Workforce Development Committee and TALA Board of Directors with a focus on research and metrics, awareness and outreach, professional development and academic partnerships.
• Principal contact for schools, universities, colleges, federal and state workforce development boards and other interests concerning workforce development.
• Staffing and providing support for any TALA committees/workgroup on workforce development.
• Assisting the VP of Public Policy with the following: strategic outreach; monitoring legislative efforts that could impact profession development; and raising awareness of the assisted living profession.
• Experience in identifying drivers of engagement, benchmarks and best practices.
• Experience in assembling industry information and developing outreach and awareness campaigns.
• Experience in leading and developing teams.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Ability to identifying career training and professional development opportunities as well as establishing partnerships with universities, technical schools, community colleges and high schools.
• Ability to identifying and operationalizing industry metrics and key indicators and aggregate and analyze labor and workforce statistics.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Experience as a senior staff member of a non-profit organization preferred.
• Leadership experience in a health care or related industry preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree preferred.
The Texas Assisted Living Association offers competitive salary, bonus structure, and benefits.
Please submit cover letter, with preferred salary range, and resume to Gail Harmon, President & CEO, at:
Texas Assisted Living Association
4505 Spicewood Springs Rd., Suite 250
Austin, TX 78759