Belmont Village Senior Living is an industry-leading developer and operator with 25 communities nationwide and one international community in Mexico City.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, success-driven, quality focused, experienced trainer who builds strong relationships with our operations team while enjoying a fast-paced and changing environment. You will provide support for the company’s various senior living locations through instructional design and facilitation of courses. You will identify training needs, coordinate training projects, solve problems, and assist the VP of Training with various special projects. In addition, you will lead, manage, and maintain the company’s learning management system (Cornerstone). This position will be based at our corporate office in Houston, Texas with travel estimated at 50%.
Experience in authoring training modules, facilitating training sessions, and administering a learning management system are the primary requirements of this position.
Our Communities are designed for seniors who need some assistance with daily activities. We provide living space, meals, housekeeping services, recreational/social activities and personal support to our residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and maintain the company’s learning management system.
- Create and author training modules, especially using eLearning authoring tools.
- Evaluate and identify ways to enhance training effectiveness of current programs.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (corporate, regional, and community personnel) for training content and special training programs.
- Ensure training content and processes are current and relevant in the specified areas such as new employee orientation, on-the-job training, health and safety practices, dementia, hospitality/service, monthly in-service topics, and leadership development.
- Ensure training content is current and up-to-date with all state compliance regulations and company policies/procedures.
- Facilitate learning via classroom instruction and webinars; incorporate a variety of presentation methods to accommodate adult learning styles.
- Lead and assist with orientation training for new community openings.
- Lead and assist with the training component of various program rollouts.
- Audit employee training records to ensure compliance.
- Prepare various reports for management.
- Work within established budget and travel guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and application.
- Experience in an environment focused on customer service.
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, listening, planning, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with a learning management system.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills, composure, approachability, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to connect with a diverse group of staff, considering skill level and education level.
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applicable area of concentration (human resources, adult learning, instructional design, or similar).
- Minimum two (2) years of experience organizing, coordinating, and leading training sessions.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience authoring training modules.
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS
- Experience with Articulate software
- Experience in the senior living industry
*** We are seeking local applicants only. No relocation assistance is available.
COME BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE WINNING TEAM!
Belmont Village Senior Living offers excellent benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k) with employer matched savings.
Apply online click here
Belmont Village Senior Living - Corporate
For more information regarding Belmont Village Senior Living visit www.belmontvillage.com