Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Corporate Director of Resident Care at our Houston Corporate office providing support to our communities in Texas, Oklahoma, and other areas of future expansion.
The Regional Director of Clinical Services is responsible for supporting assigned communities in their efforts to implement and execute company-wide strategy for resident care, clinical service delivery, and clinical regulatory compliance in independent living, assisted living and memory care environments across multiple states. Ensures clinical excellence as the standard, where outcomes and accountability are paramount. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
- Demonstrates support of the corporate mission (by actions and attitude), policies and procedures and assures consistent compliance within the memory care program
- Works collaboratively with corporate and community team members to implement priorities and goals on a community-by-community basis to address resident needs in specific markets.
- Effectively assists in providing leadership, support, and direction to Directors of Resident Care and Directors of Memory Care throughout the organization.
- Assists with the design and development of evidence-based Standard of Practice, performance standards, and standardized workflows to ensure optimal efficacy, efficiency and outcomes.
- Along with the Sr. Vice President of Clinical Operations, complete quarterly and annual goals and to measure past performance against standards.
- Assists the Vice President of Operations with attaining financial goals.
- Consults with Regional Director of Sales and Marketing and provides support with marketing plan and community strategy.
- Establishes regional goals consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Organizes and facilitates regular clinical meetings with the goal of positive, motivating team building, as well as staff problem solving and support.
- Monitors community, practices to maintain and promote the protection of resident’s rights
- Oversees all aspects of resident care and clinical services for all assigned communities including ancillary services, provider partners and care-related aspects of quality assurance, regulatory compliance, safety and risk management and resident/family/staff satisfaction.
- Reviews resident, family and staff needs across the assigned region, and recommends plans for the provision of resident care and delivery of all clinical services and programs.
- Provide on-going in-service education related to new protocols and guidelines for resident care and maintain regulatory compliance either personally or through external training resources.
- Assists in addressing and resolving infractions or violations identified by staff or state regulators including developing and implementing action plans, plans of correction and new policies or SOP’s.
- Performs regular audits for assigned region to ensure all communities are meeting all RCM and state standards and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in design, development, and implementation of quality improvement systems and procedures to achieve deficiency free surveys and meet company standards
- Maintains current knowledge of state and local regulations as well knowledge of the Assisted Living Industry, including current trends and best practices.
- Monitor and manage the potential for safe practices to avoid and eliminate risks and liability
- Ensures HIPAA compliance with resident and employee information.
- Facilitates appropriate upward and downward communication.
- Member of the corporate emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Director of Resident Care at the community level.
1-2 years multi-site experience preferred.
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a RN in this state.
Must maintain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State.
Valid Driver’s License and a driving record that meets the requirements of our insurance carrier.
Skill, Qualities and Characteristics:
Ability to accomplish goals and tasks by motivating others.
Computer proficiency with electronic medical records, the Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to learn new applications. Experience with Yardi preferred.
- Solid ability to interact and build relationships.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must be flexible with changing priorities and able to communicate in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Must be able to travel locally regularly and overnight occasionally.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.