Founded in 1997, Belmont Village is a leading developer, owner, and operator of premier senior living communities. Our footprint includes more than two-dozen communities in the U.S. and in Mexico City. At Belmont Village, we are committed to fostering an environment where seniors, their families, and our staff and partners can learn, live well, thrive, and grow.
This position is responsible for the overall design, implementation, communication and administration of employee benefits in all company operations. Ensures programs adhere to current regulations and support the organization’s strategic objectives. Provide guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. Implement new or modified plans and employee benefit policies.
- Administers employee benefits programs including retirement plans, medical plans, dental and vision plans, term life insurance plans, short and long term disability programs, and employee assistance program.
- Builds and maintains advisory relationships with executives and vendors to ensure effective, responsive, competitive and financially efficient benefit programs.
- Analyzes results of surveys and benchmarking to develop specific recommendations for review by executives.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- Responsible for the administration and compliance of all Leave of Absences processes, including coordination with federal and state regulations, and disability vendors.
- Conducts employee meetings for all locations via webinar or onsite.
- Responds to benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution. Maintains contact with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Prepares and revises all benefits communications for employees and works with outside vendors for the printing and distribution of enrollment materials.
- Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepares and executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original and amended plan summaries, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
- Prepares reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits with government sponsored programs.
- Develops and compiles benefit information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers, benefits consultants and management.
- Maintains all records of employee benefits including enrollment and claims issues for all benefit plans.
- Processes benefit elections by data entry and online review.
- Responsible for review and payment of all health and welfare invoices.
- Coordinates with payroll and outside vendors to ensure interfaces and enrollment data are correctly and timely transmitted.
- Works with outside vendors in the preparation and timely filing of 5500’s, discrimination testing, internal audits and 401(k) annual audits.
- Benefits Specialist(s)
- Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years experience in Benefits Administration, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of PPACA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL and applicable federal and state regulations
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from vendors, C-Suite and front line employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to connect with all levels of employees
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and project management skills with ability to work in a quickly changing environment
- ADP Health & Welfare, ADP Enterprise and ADP Reporting experience is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Team player
- Requires occasional travel
*** Relocation assistance is available!
COME BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE WINNING TEAM!
Belmont Village Senior Living offers excellent benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k) with employer matched savings.
Apply online click here
Belmont Village Senior Living - Corporate
8554 Katy Freeway, Suite 200
Houston, TX 77024