FUNCTION: The Bridge to Rediscovery Program Director is responsible for the day-to day operations and management of the Bridge to Rediscovery Unit.
The Bridge to Rediscovery Program Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a coordinated interdisciplinary program that meets the needs of the residents on the Unit. This will be established through the creation of a Montessori Based Dementia Program consistent with the individual resident needs
The following specifications may differ depending upon the number of available employees among whom the performance of a particular job function can be distributed and the size and type of community.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, incumbent will possess the mental abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Freedom from illegal use of
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the
B R I E ,,.T C>
c , 1.1 : n H. A. n N G L IF h I H H. O U C...I I U . 1:u 1 c o v 1.::11.Y
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and software application used in job functions .
- Basic knowledge of the clinical/social attributes of Alzheimer's disease.
- Good organizational skills--ability to review workflow and set priorities to meet competing agendas.
- Ability to design Montessori Based Dementia Programming programs to effectively address resident needs.
- Ability to review the individual program needs of residents with Alzheimer's and other dementias needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Licensed Nurse, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Bachelor's in Social Work or equivalent
- Must have experience with program development and design for residents with Alzheimers and Related
- Must have experience in providing staff with leadership and guidance.
- Must have minimum of one year's current experience working with individuals with Alzheimer's or other related disease residing in a secure standard environment.
- Current experience must include the understanding and ability to implement the appropriate standards and safety measures for a
- Must be able to successfully teach and mentor others on the techniques, standards and requirements for the care of residents with Alzheimers and Related Disorders
- Must have completed training in Alzheimer's, Dementia and Related Disorders as required by state/federal regulations, and successfully complete the Bridge to Rediscovery Train the Trainer Program after employment occurs and actively apply the principles.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- As per state/federal requirements,
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary care setting with
B R L ':! -7
C1 l LIIN.A n N G Lu h ,-_ 11140.
U V I I H ..t: l.>IS C O V 1.:.1<v
residents, families, staff members, representatives of community and government agencies.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram
- Ability to make independent decisions when
- Ability to solve problems related to resident and staff
- Ability to analyze data, reports, business documentation and problems and develop workable solutions and goals.
- Be able to interpret and implement written or oral programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department and the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Executive Director/Healthcare Administrator to build relationships and strong communication lines with residents and families to aid in their adjustment to the community,
- Ensures needs and problem are identified, addressed and resolved
- Implements and coordinates the Bridge to Rediscovery
- Develops and maintains a program which is therapeutic and age appropriate for the residents on the Bridge to Rediscovery Unit based on Montessori Based Dementia Programming principles
- Follows instructions and timelines for all Bridge to Rediscovery required documentation and specific form(s) complet
- Develops Montessori Based Dementia Programs for various levels of resident ability
- Assists in determining appropriate staffing
- R I
-ed / ,Z-4:?"o/ '''
- l "L L I.JU.A T IN G L 1r 1:. T1 ll O U G I I R 1:n 1s c O V L:l < Y
- Establishes Bridge to Rediscovery Program planning meetings with Unit staff to develop, review and/or update individualized resident program
- Provides staff training for the Bridge to Rediscovery
- Implements Bridge to Rediscovery policies and
- Makes suggestions for revisions, to the Bridge to Rediscovery Program as needed.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Director/Healthcare Administrator for the following employee-related responsibilities: hiring, counseling, evaluations and other matters related to the supeNision of employees.
- Recognizes signs of staff stress and Provides options for stress management and coping skills.
- Assists with monthly in-services. Schedules Bridge to Rediscovery staff meeting for programming, care, changes in policy,
- Assists with new employee orientation and ensures each staff member has been properly trained in Montessori Based Dementia
- Assists family members in dealing with personal issues and provide suggestions for coping
- Provides assistance to the staff in defusing difficult behaviors.
- Reviews monthly staffing schedules. Communicates special situations where additional staffing is needed to meet the resident's specific needs to nursing administration, Executive Director/Healthcare Administrator
- Creates and maintains a family resource library.
- Ensures the resident participates in specific Montessori Based Dementia Programming during his/her stay in the Bridge to Rediscovery Unit
- Ensures pre-admission/move-in seNice reviews and or home visits to ensure appropriate admission/move-in criteria is Demonstrates constant familiarity with the resident service/care plans.
- Ensures staff members are as familiar and are able to discuss any changes in the seNice/care plans with the resident/families.
Ci 1. r n R AT I N G L u I Tt n to u c.-.1 1 U .L.
1.>1 c o v u t -..
- Supervises/completes resident profile, comprehensive life review , interest survey and all other required admission/move-in and routine paperwork as
- Provides education, techniques and guidance to family members on Montessori Based Dementia Programming for their
- Facilitates the Bridge to Rediscovery Program planning meetings to include activities, nutritional staff, families, and other disciplines as appropriate.
Quality of Service Management
- Observes and assists staff in the administration of the individualized daily Montessori Based Dementia program plan.
- Develops family and customer satisfaction tools (when requested) so that findings are integrated into the overall facility's quality management program.
- Integrates the social, physical, intellectual, emotional aspects of Montessori Based Dementia Programming into the resident's daily plan.
- Oversees the management of personal care delivery for the residents, assisting as
- Ensures that the nutritional program within the Bridge to Rediscovery dining program is developed in accordance to individual resident reviews and integrated into each resident's program
- Ensures the resident's rights and dignity are maintained at all times.
Bridge to Rediscovery Program Oversight
- Ensures Bridge to Rediscovery Montessori Based Dementia program planned for each resident is developed consistent with the resident 's individualized needs and
- Follows Bridge to Rediscovery Administrative
- Reviews each resident's program plan before implementation.
- Ensures that the Montessori Based Dementia program is revised according to changes in resident's needs and behaviors.
- Assists residents in working toward appropriate individual goals
- Monitors the safe use of all program supplies.
- Ensures the Bridge to Rediscovery dining program is implemented and remains established.
- Ensures that there is a continuation of previous life tasks for each resident where appropriate through Montessori Based Dementia Programming techniques.
Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with intra-departmental personnel, as well as, other departments within the community. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and
- Possesses the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents , family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Possesses leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel. Encourages professional growth of
- Works with the regional / corporate staff and implements recommended changes as required.
- Attends continuing education programs required for maintenance of professional certifications and licensure.
- Incorporates new methods, principles, and trends learned from continuing education programs into existing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, stir, walk, and stand for extended periods throughout the workday. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.