AUTUMN LEAVES OF GEORGETOWN IS HIRING COOKS!
The Cook is responsible for assisting in preparing and cooking daily meals for dementia residents within our assisted living community while meeting federal and state health department standards by performing the duties listed in the job description. Beautiful kitchen design and separate dining rooms feel like home.
See a virtual tour
INTERESTED? Apply for this position by clicking this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=27623C9AB5724BE009FA6947C4810E3F&job=21533&jpt=
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 0 to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- Available to work weekend coverage and available on-call as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist cooks in the preparation of basic food items.
- Stock, distribute and store supplies; wash and clean pots, dishes and utensils by hand or using dish washing equipment.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Works with resident's medical team, dietary card, and nursing staff to ensure that meals conform to resident's diet restrictions and nutritional requirements as prescribed by physician.
- Adheres to all food sanitation and infection control procedures of proper food storage, handling, preparation, and service; equipment and department sanitation; and dietary regulatory guidelines for Alzheimer's assisted living communities, as required by federal and state health department standards and codes.
- Serves as backup, performing Cook duties and responsibilities in absence of the Lead Cook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.