Job title - Assistant Director of Healthcare- LVN
Location and Address - Autumn Leaves of Northwest Austin – 10025 Anderson Mill Road, Austin TX 78750
Autumn Leaves of Northwest Austin has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Healthcare in Austin, Texas! This position will work closely with the Director of Healthcare and the Executive Director to manage the workflow of nursing staff in accordance with company, state, and federal requirements.
- Licensed LVN in good standing with State Nursing Board.
- Significant technical experience and demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Geriatric, assisted living/memory care nursing background preferred.
- Restorative care philosophy, excellent professional skill (both assessment and hands-on and good communication, and organization skills).
- Working knowledge of nursing home regulations.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine care and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Accountable for nursing compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care services in adherence with the company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Experience preferably in long term care, with ability to demonstrate good leadership and management skills.
- Augment floor staffing if needed.
- MDS, care planning, participation in Performance Improvement and Infection Control where indicated; subject to needs of facility.
- Manage nursing staff through appropriate hiring, training, evaluation, assignment, and delegation of duties, within budget and resident census guidelines.
- Review and ensure proper resident charting and procedure documentation.
- Develop and implement resident care plans in coordination with physician, medical director, nursing staff, and outside consultants (i.e., therapists).
- Ensure appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources are available to staff on a timely basis.
- Ability to complete necessary assessments; have a good knowledge of infection control procedures.