Village on the Park Onion Creek - Senior Living - Austin, TX
Village on the Park Onion Creek Seeks a Director or Resident Programs(Activities Director)
Retirement Center Management is currently accepting resumes for a qualified Independent Living Director of Resident Programs. The Director of Resident Programs is responsible for planning, scheduling and implementing activities and events that meets the social, spiritual, physical, recreational and cognitive needs of our senior residents. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience coordinating activities for seniors in a medium to large community setting.
Qualified applicants must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license, a clear driving history and be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen test.
The Director of Resident Programs is responsible for the planning and implementing of activity programs that help maintain optimal levels of mental, physical, spiritual, emotional and social well-being of our
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are normal for this position, and other duties may be required as assigned:
- Planning and implementation of appropriate activities per day in terms of quality, interest and needs.
- Creation of the monthly activity calendar and newsletter for the Independent Living Community.
- Carries out the planning of large and small parties and special events.
- Manages the departmental budget.
- Informs residents and staff in changes to scheduled programming in a timely manner.
- Evaluates programming quality and participation on an ongoing basis
- Communicates with residents and families regarding participation and satisfaction with activity programs.
- Must have experience in working with seniors or in a senior living community.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and good communication skills required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be Detail Oriented.
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and outgoing personality.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Strong in Word & Excel).
- Proficient in navigating through the web for research.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only: Austin, TX
Required experience: Senior Living Activities: 2 years
Required education: High school or equivalent